Sunday 10 March 2013

Lilac Dream & Cats Galore

Amazingly, the first post for the LillyBo Quilts appeal was only on 21st January and the first quilt arrived within days and here we are with almost 30 made and donated to CHICS, all within 7 weeks! 
29 quilts in 49 days 
or an average of 4 quilts a week. 
What Super Star Stitchers you are for sure but most of all, what generous and lovely people. I can't say it enough..... but once again...
THANK YOU ALL!
Between you you must have stitched a hundred miles of love and care into them.

Two more beautiful treasures
With thanks to  Jo (Twiglet) 
Quilt No 26
First of all this sweet little baby one, a mini work of art, with a cute soft elephant blowing heart shaped bubbles, all appliqued in the prettiest of fabrics. The lilac and lime is such a lovely colour scheme too.
The theme continues with the little characters hopping over to appear on the tote bag and Jo has even made one of her super little toys to pop into the pocket.
Here's a close up of the applique which has given me a reminder to use some of those extra stitches on my sewing machine. The machine blanket stitch around these motifs looks so effective.
Here's one for all you cat lovers out there. Fabulous fabric and this will do wonderfully well for a girl or a boy of any age too.
Quilt No 27
Jo's  little extra surprise, with this one, is a super soft feline sock toy! 
Look at that smile on it's face, like the cat that got the cream!
I still have the two from Lisa to go and I'm told there are more in the hands of some of the super stitchers almost ready to join them. So as usual... keep watching! 
Don't forget, if you haven't done so already, and you've made a LillyBo Quilt,  grab a Super Star Stitcher button to proudly display on your sidebar.
They are on last Tuesday's, 5th March post.

6 comments:

  1. 2 more stunning quilts from Jo and I just LOVE those little animals to go with them, wish I could make those lol, two little children will love these
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I’ve said it before Jo but you really are a star!
    Your latest two quilts are beautiful especially the Elephant one. It’s so sweet and I love that colour combination.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Jo, I love both quilts, the first is so pretty with the cutest heffalumps and the cat one... well, that is just wonderful and I would have that in a flash!! LOL The work that has gone into the appliqued one... I'm with Jo, will be trying out some of those fancy stitches on the new machine that hubby bought me to make quilts with.... I'll master the straight bits first though!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful works of art from someone I am proud to call my sister. :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more stunning quilts from the very talented Jo, how gorgeous is the little elephant! I am going to have a look at my machine again to see if I can do applique, it looks like such fun with amazing results too. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He he - it looks like we will all be learning new tricks with this quilt project Jo!! I have two more ready to post and I honestly think I am getting a bit better at making them with each one I do. So lovely to hear where they are all going too. x Jo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated